The vegan diet consists of eliminating all animal-based products of your diet. Some vegans are motivated by humanitarian concerns, but this diet also has many health benefits. However, it’s a decision you should take by yourself.
If you want to start the vegan lifestyle, you should not be worried about leaving your favorite food behind; there are many vegan alternatives to implement in your diet that would make you forget about animal-based products.
Here you have the most commons vegan alternatives for substituting animal-based products for plant-based ones.
Meat substitutes: one of the biggest worries of people when going vegan is if there’s going to be a substitute as good as meat, and there are not just goods substitutes, these substitutes are so convincing that you won’t even miss the meat.
- Tofu and tempeh: tofu is the classic meat substitute and tempeh is a soy-based meat substitute, both are pretty easy to prepare, and absorbs flavors very well. Also can replace almost any meat, you can cook anything you would with meat, with the right seasoning you won’t notice the difference.
- Seitan: is made from wheat gluten instead of soy; similar to tofu and tempeh, it’s very flexible in its use: goes with almost anything and tastes delicious. Seitan is a good substitute for chicken due to its similar texture.
- Beans: beans are a great source of plant-based protein. It’s not difficult to replace meat with beans; they are delicious and easy to cook.
- Eggplant: this versatile vegetable is a compelling meat substitute, it’s good absorbing flavor, and you can prepare it in many ways.
- Mushrooms: delicious and easy to include in any food you like, mushrooms have a natural meat-like savory flavor.
Milk substitutes: there are many substitutes for milk. You can use nut milk, soy milk, oat milk, hemp milk or rice milk. You can find them in many supermarkets.
Cheese substitutes: you can find many kinds of vegan cheese, and have it in blocks, shreds, and slices. Substituting cheese for plant-based alternatives is challenging, but you can try these and see if you like them:
- Tofu cheese: tofu have a malleable and soft texture, but it’s recommendable to add spices to create a delicious cheese alternative.
- Cashew cheese: cashews become very soft and flexible when soaked in water so they can be blended into a paste, cashews can absorb flavors well and the taste is amazing once you add some spices.
- Potato and carrot cheese: carrots and sweet potatoes can be an amazing base for vegan cheese, put them in a blender until they’re smooth and add spices.
Butter: there are many options for replacing butter: you can use oils like olive oil or sunflower oil. There are also vegan butters you can find in supermarkets, but you need to be careful and read the labels, some might have questionable ingredients, and not all margarine are vegan.
Yogurt: you can find vegan yogurt on the market, such as soy, coconut, almond and fruit-flavored yogurt, and also vegan plain yogurt.
Now that you know which ingredients are the best substitution for animal-based products, you can go vegan with no regrets!
Enjoy your life and eat well! If you want to sweeten any dessert, Stevian Forte is your best alternative. It’s a fat-free and gluten-free option, made from stevia with the highest standard of quality. It’s your best alternative. Check our store to pick yours!
Stevian Forte, your healthy alternative.
Facebook: Stevian Forte