Maintain your kids healthy, this is equal to a happy life for them. Teach them good habits since babies so they will grow up happy, strong, healthy, energic, and will not get sick so often.
What to do to keep kids healthy?
- Explain to them why is important to eat healthily with simple words. For instance, tell them that to eat healthily will make them feel better about themselves, will make them grow a lot stronger, happier, and that they will not get sick so often.
- Avoid making them confused by creating a wrong image by saying that they have to stay healthy to look skinny so they will not grow thinking in a superficial way. We have to stay away from this thought. Fitness lifestyle is about feeling better about ourselves and being in charge of our health. Stop thinking the opposite, in the long run, this thought can create certain disbalance on our kids’ self-esteem.
- Make them understand that they have to avoid bad habits because is the best way to live. It doesn’t mean that they aren’t allowed to eat sweets or junk food once in a while, of course they can. But just once in a while, not on a daily basis.
- Is essential to show your son or daughter the example. They need to see you enjoying this lifestyle so they can follow it. Show them that you enjoy eating well and exercising and they’ll do the same. This lifestyle is made to adjust it to your life and tastes, not the other way around.
- The actual challenge is that you have to be creative about the dish you prepare them so they will be interested. Chicken and boiled broccoli will not be something of their interest. Look for fun options for them based on good recipes and foods. Cupcakes, cakes, cookies, snacks; they don’t have to be forbidden from kids. You just have to give them the right ones and in proper portions.
- Raise them well and make sure they know that balance is the key for everything. Is not black or white, gray exists too. They don’t need to be perfect or strict all the time, and is not the end of the world if they have McDonald’s from time to time: they need to learn that daily choices are what cause an impact in their health. That’s why they have to be aware of which are the best options for them.
- Remember that kids born without knowing the flavor of salt or sugar, is unnecessary to add these or any condiments in big portions to their foods, so they can appreciate the natural taste of what you give them.
- Is all about habits: teach them to exercise, to drink water, to enjoy different kinds of food. Of course, a kids diet will never be the same as an adult diet. Keep this in mind.
The most important of all…
Is making them understand that healthy doesn’t mean boring. Not because something is good for their health is less delicious than something that is not. That is a wrong thinking and is vital to work on that.
The greatest gift you can give to your child is to stay healthy and strong. Keep going. You got this! Is not impossible. Use your amazing skills and creativeness to involve them in this lifestyle.
Facebook: Stevian Forte