Chia seeds are a superfood, rich in fiber, protein, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients; is an aliment good for everyone’s health, especially for people with diabetes. The benefits of chia seeds are almost countless; they contain more calcium than milk, more fiber than oat, more protein than many plant foods, more potassium than plantain, more antioxidants than blueberries, and more iron than spinach.
Chia seeds do not change the flavor of the food drastically, so they’re easy to incorporate in your diet: you can add them to pasta, salads, rice, cakes, smoothies and any food you want.
Benefits of chia seeds
Chia seeds have a lot of benefits that you should take advantage of, especially if you have diabetes or any other chronic disease.
- Control appetite: they can help control appetite. Eating a little can make you feel satisfied for a long time. It’s good for you because you won’t feel like craving for sweets or any other food that might be bad for you.
- Lose weight: they make you feel fuller for longer, control cholesterol levels and helps eliminate trans fats, also improves the digestion process. All this helps you lose weight.
- Omega 3: chia seeds contain even more omega 3 than some fishes. Consuming omega 3 reduces the risk of heart diseases and control blood sugar levels, it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidants: chia seeds are high in antioxidants, that are not just good for your health, but also can help you prevent eye problems, memory problems, immune system problems, and many diabetes complications.
- Protein: higher in proteins that most of the plant foods, your body use protein to build a block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood, also for the production of enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals.
- Detox: consuming them help eliminate toxins from our body, purifying and cleansing our organism.
- Energy: all the properties of chia seeds boost your energy and make you feel more active during the day.
- Lower sugar levels: chia helps to stabilize and control sugar levels and blood pressure.
- Gluten-free: chia seeds don’t contain gluten, so they’re also good for people with gluten intolerance.
Even if chia seeds are good for your health, you should moderate the consume and just eat 30g per day, nothing more. If you are excessive with the consume of chia seeds, it might alter some medications effects and also produce diarrhea, flatulence and bloating.
Adapt chia seeds to your current diet and enjoy the benefits it’ll bring to your health!
Make the most of the benefits of chia, adding it to desserts and smoothies, and to sweeten them use Stevian Forte: a 100% safe for diabetics, fat-free, and gluten-free option, made from stevia with the highest standard of quality. It’s your best alternative if you want a sweetener that doesn’t interfere with your healthy lifestyle. Check our store to pick yours!
Stevian Forte, your healthy alternative.
Facebook: Stevian Forte